Accommodations, Attire, and Helpful Hints
What You Need to Know!
For your convenience, a limited number of hotel rooms have been set aside for Saturday, April 22, at the Hartford Marriott Downtown, located at 200 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford. The rate is $139 for a standard king. Rooms must be reserved on or before Friday, April 7 to ensure availability and the discounted rate.
To reserve a room, visit the Black & Red room reservation website or call the Marriott reservations line at 877.901.6632 and mention the Hartford Hospital Black & Red.
Complimentary shuttle service between the Hartford Marriott Downtown and The Bushnell will be provided between 5:30 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. the day of the event.
Black & Red is a Black Tie event. Wearing the colors black or red is not a requirement! Here are some suggestions:
Women: Cocktail and formal dresses or jumpsuits. Dresses can be cocktail length, tea length, or full length.
Men: Tuxedo or a dark colored suit.
JT Ghamo is offering a $50 discount off any tuxedo rental or purchase for guests of the Black & Red. Visit them at 137 Sisson Avenue, Hartford. Be sure to mention the Black & Red.
Here’s what you need to know the day of the event:
- The Black & Red will be held from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Complimentary valet parking will be available at 166 Capitol Avenue. If you prefer, self-parking will be available in the parking lot located across the street from The Bushnell on Capitol Avenue.
- You will need to have your ticket to enter the event. If you forget your ticket at home, please stop at Will Call. Tickets will be emailed the week of the event to the email address provided. If an email address was not provided, tickets will be sent to the company or guest contact.
- Food and cocktails provided by Max Catering and Events will be served from 6 to 8 p.m. Butlered hors d’oeuvres and a selection of fine cuisine will be available. Tables and open seating will be available throughout the venue; sit anywhere you like.
- Seating will begin at approximately 8 p.m. for remarks from our leadership highlighting our beneficiary, followed by a musical performance by the Goo Goo Dolls. Bars will begin to close at 7:45 p.m. and will re-open following the performance. We must begin the program at 8:15 p.m.; we ask that you be mindful of the time.
- Dessert, coffee and cappuccino will be served from 10:00 p.m. to 12 a.m. Various activities will be provided throughout the venue, including dancing on the Belding Theater Stage, enjoying the gelato bar in the Grand Foyer, and mingling in the Autorino Great Hall.
Please let us know in advance:
- If you have any dietary restrictions and would like more information on the menu being provided. Kosher meals are available upon request.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother and need a private space to pump during the evening.
- If you require a limited mobility or wheelchair accessible seat in the theater.
- If you require a seat in sight line of our ASL interpreters on stage during the remarks and performance.
- If you would like a quiet and private area to pray and observe Ramadan.
Feel free to contact us at BlackandRed@HHCHealth.org. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Our first priority is the health and safety of our guests.
If you are not feeling well, please stay home.