YLAC is a group of early- to mid-career professionals in the Hartford region who serve as ambassadors of the hospital.
They strive to educate an upcoming generation about Hartford Hospital’s innovative programs and services, as well as involve and cultivate emerging community leaders with an affinity for the hospital. Our members come from a wide range of industries, including the nonprofit sector, insurance, finance, law, health care, and others.Join us for the 2023 Spring Into Action
The benefits of being a member of the Young Leaders Advisory Council include opportunities to:
- Educate the community about Hartford Hospital’s innovative programs and services and the healthcare system as a whole
- Involve and cultivate a new generation of community leaders to inspire a culture of philanthropy of giving both time and money
- Engage young professionals in the region in networking, professional development, educational, and fundraising opportunities
- Receive invitations to exclusive Hartford Hospital events and educational opportunities (Focus on Health, Scrubs Tour, Ribbon Cuttings, and more)
- Participate in group social events and outings (Yard Goats games, happy hours, and more)
YLAC will ensure that young professionals will know the value of Hartford Hospital, commit themselves to its success, and engage others to help the hospital continuously improve the health of those in our community.
To enable young professionals in the Greater Hartford community to serve as ambassadors for Hartford Hospital by offering educational, networking, philanthropic, and volunteer opportunities.
Knowledge, aptitude, compassion, and dedication
Interested in joining YLAC?
- 4 committee meetings per year
- Fundraise for Annual Spring Into Action
- Participate in 1 or 2 additional fundraising/volunteer events
- Members are required to make an annual donation to Hartford Hospital. While there is no formal requirement on the amount of the donation, as members are required to give an amount that is significant to them, we suggest $50 or more.
For more information, contact Kristen Lapenta at Kristen.Lapenta@hhchealth.org or 860-972-1299Email Kristen